MARWARI COLLEGE, DARBHANGA
A Brief History
Mithilanchal has, from time immemorial been known for its academic moorings which, unfortunately, saw a general trend of educational decline in the recent past. It was with this background that the generosity, sagacity and philanthropic urges of the academic elites of Darbhanga Town such as Lt. Shivjee Ram Parasurampuriya (Land Doner) , Lt. Kedarnath Deora, Lt. Moti Lal Sureka, Lt. Ramaballav Jallan and the founder Principal of the college Lt. Dr. Nitya Nand Prasad Sinha had found expression in their collective desire to establish an institution of higher education which would cater to the needs of the region by imparting quality education free from the casteism communalism and gender bias. The idea of Marwari College, Darbhanga, thus, got a concrete shape on June the 15th, 1958 with two hundred students at the first floor of Marwari School Building and later was shifted to its own present premises in 1961. Soon the college was to established itself as one of the major centres for Higher Studies in not only Darbhanga but in the entire Mithila region as well becoming, in the process, a constituent unit of L.N.M.U. Kameshwarnagar, Darbhanga on 07.02.1976. The College has the distinction of being duly inspected and accredited by NAAC in the year 2005 (1st Cycle) and again in 2016 with CGPA 2.23 in (2nd Cycle) respectively.
Our aim is to actively involve all sections of society apart from the college staff in achieving our goals. We try to develop awareness among disadvantaged group through NSS Unit of the college.